It’s amazing to think that another Head of the Charles is here already. For those that might not know, the HOCR is the world’s largest two-day rowing event and brings over 300,000 spectators to the shores of the Charles river every October. There are a vendors and an outdoor concert up an down the river.
Saturday, October 22
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, October 23
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
With so much going on and the trailer area so crowded, the Wayland-Weston Crew has again this year reserved a tent in the Reunion Village. For parents, rowers who aren’t rowing this weekend and friends, it’s a great place to watch the racing. Come to Hospitality Tent #2, next to the Weeks Footbridge on the Boston side of the river near the Harvard Business School. Complementary beverages and snacks at the Wayland-Weston tent.
Click on this link to download: HOCR 2011 Reunion Village & Course Map. There is a small entry fee ($3 per person, $5 per couple) to reunion village that goes to supporting the HOCR. (If anyone is willing and available to help set-up, breakdown or serve as a host during part of either day, please let me know.) We will have a few supplies and light refreshments for anyone that stops by.
Cheer for Wayland-Weston Crew entries:
Sunday, October 22
• Event #16, Wayland-Weston Crew Alumni, Club Fours Women, 12:22 start, bow #44
Saturday, October 23
• Event #37, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Fours Men, 10:20 start, bow #39
• Event #38, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Fours Women, 10:47 start, bow #30
• Event #45, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Eights Men, 13:00 start, bow #13
• Event #46, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Eights Women, 13:33 start, bow #9
Reunion Village offers many comforts that make it the best place to watch the racing as well as to socialize with your friends: both breakfast and lunch concession stands with seating and hardwood floors, wi-fi Internet access, spectator seating, PA color commentary, hi-defTV display of results, programs, merchandise sales, and rest rooms.
Regatta Web site www.hocr.org.