Wayland-Weston Crew is a varsity sport at both high schools and is offered in the fall and spring seasons only to students enrolled in Wayland or Weston High School.
Wayland-Weston Crew High School Registration is open on FamilyID.
Spring is for sprinting. 2k. Typically, WW Crew starts racing in April and continues through the US Rowing Northeast Championships and the Mass Public School Rowing Association Championships.
A competitive high school rowing program for students in grades 9 – 12 attending Wayland and Weston public high schools. Wayland-Weston Crew is a varsity sport at both high schools and is offered in the fall and spring seasons.
Returning rowers: Registration deadline: March 7, 2017. Late fee $75 after this date.
New Rowers: Registration with WWRA for new members stays open through the season’s start date (March 19) with no late fee.
All athletes must also register through family ID with the athletics department for Wayland High School or Weston High School and must have current physicals on file with the school.
SPRING 2018 SCHEDULE
- First Day of Practice: Monday, March 19, 2018
- Weekly Practices: Monday-Friday 3:30-6:00, Saturday mornings (time tbd)
- Tuesday, May 30, Last day of practice
REGATTAS (subject to change and confirmation)
- April 7 or 14, Scrimmage, Hingham & AB @home VARSITY ONLY …POSSIBLY 1st novice eight
- April 21: Harvard Henley Regatta – Bare Hill Pond VARSITY ONLY AND NOVICE
- April 27-29: Saratoga Invitational, Saratoga Springs VARSITY AND NOVICE
- May 12-13: 13th Annual Lowell Invitational, Lowell VARSITY AND NOVICE
- May 19-20: Northeast Youth Championships, Worcester VARSITY AND NOVICE
- May 27: MPSRA Spring Championship, Lowell VARSITY, NOVICE, AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
- May 29: Last day of practice for the full squad TBD. Rowers who qualify for youth nationals will continue to practice for that regatta after this date.
- June 9-11: ( qualifications required) USRowing Youth National Championship, Sacramento CA.